THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Basic Principles of Child Development Certificate
The Basic Principles of Child Development Certificate program provides fundamental information on developmental characteristics and milestones of children in various age ranges. This program also provides foundational information on prominent early childhood theorists, including Freud, Erikson, Piaget, and others. Note: To successfully complete this program, participants must conduct independent research and develop short, original written reports and short-answer essays.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Basic Principles of Child Development Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Identify milestones and characteristics for children ages birth to five years across all developmental domains (physical, cognitive, emotional and social)
- Identify recommended practices and strategies for promoting development across all domains
- Identify basic stages and other principles of development
- Identify major theories and works of prominent early childhood theorists
- Demonstrate ability to conduct independent research in the field of early childhood development
- Write and reflect on the works of a variety of influential early childhood theorists
Students enrolled in the Basic Principles of Child Development Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 4204-SPC
Program Length: 7 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.7 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $89
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!