Child Care Certificate Programs
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Budgeting and Risk Management Certificate
CCEI’s Budgeting and Risk Management Certificate provides a detailed summary of recommended practices and strategies for developing and maintaining an effective budget for a child care center. Participants will learn about the parts of a child care center operating budget, conventional accounting practices, conducting a cost-benefit analysis, increasing revenue, and cutting unnecessary costs, as well as managing risks and liabilities for the center.
Upon satisfactorily completing CCEI’s Budgeting and Risk Management Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Identify key elements of a child care center operating budget and other types of budgets
- Identify major resources needed to operate a child care program
- Identify common sources of revenue for child care centers
- Identify common budgetary mistakes in the child care industry
- Identify key phases in the center budget development process, including scheduling and other organizational issues
- Demonstrate knowledge about developing a fee structure and increasing revenue for a child care center
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct a cost-benefit analysis
- Evaluate the risk management policies and practices at a child care center
- Identify and analyze center procedures for developing risk management policies and training employees
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the budgeting and risk management center training program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this budgeting and risk management center training program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this budgeting and risk management center training program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 4217-SPC
Program Length: 6 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.6 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $69
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!