Child Care Certificate Programs
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
CCDBG Health & Safety Training for ECE Professionals in Nevada
CCEI’s CCDBG Health & Safety Training for ECE Professionals in Nevada Certificate program is designed to help members of the early childhood education (ECE) workforce establish practices that protect the health and safety of every child in their care, in ordinance with The Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014 (CCDBG). The certificate provides both practical strategies that can be implemented immediately as well as program policy requirements and recommendations that will ensure a continued focus on health and safety. In addition to learning specific standards contained in the Nevada child care regulations, the certificate also introduces recommendations from numerous, reputable, national resources focused on the establishment of health and safety practices in early learning environments.
Completion of this course satisfies the Nevada child care licensing requirements for emergency preparedness, building and physical premises safety, medication administration, shaken baby syndrome and transportation safety. All other required initial training (CPR, first aid, signs and symptoms of illness, child abuse and neglect and wellness) must be completed separately.
Upon satisfactorily completing the CCDBG Health & Safety Training for ECE Professionals in Nevada Certificate program of study, students should be able to:
- Identify required standards and recommended safety training practices related to the administration of medication
- Recognize steps to for emergency preparedness due to food and allergic reactions
- Recall required standards and recommended practices in maintaining building and physical premises safety
- Identify actions that must be taken to prevent shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma
- Name required standards and recommended practices related to emergency preparedness and response planning
- Identify required standards and recommended best practices for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and the appropriate disposal of bio-contaminants
- Recall required standards and recommended practices designed to ensure the safety of children during transportation and field trips
- Recognize signs of abuse and neglect and the responsibilities of mandated reporters
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- End of course quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Student reflection
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the CCDGB health and safety training program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED and submit documentation as proof
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this CCDGB health and safety training program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Settings: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 5315-NV
Program Length: 8 hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.8 CEU’s
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 90 days from enrollment date
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!