CCEI Certificate Program: Online Georgia
Online Georgia Director's Certificate
This certificate program
is only available in English.
- Settings: Early Care and Education and School-Age Care
- Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
- Program End Date: 183 days from enrollment date
- Program Code: 5106-GA
- Program Length: 62 Hours
- IACET CEU Value: 6.2 CEU’s
- Textbook is required and must be purchased at
the student’s expense. MORE INFO BELOW
- After you complete the attached application,
please send it via email, with the subject line:
Attention Melissa Thomas
or fax it to: 877.259.1105
The Online Georgia Director’s Certificate is designed to meet the mandatory training requirement for directors in Georgia and provides professional information for early childhood professionals seeking to further their skills and knowledge in the management of a child care center. The program is broken into five Instructional Units. These units focus on the core areas of competency required to manage a child care center. Each student in the Online Georgia Director’s Certificate program receives support from an Education Coach (EC). Each EC is an Early Childhood specialist and has previous experience working in a child care center or school.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Online Georgia Director’s Certificate program,
students should be able to:
- Identify key considerations for developing a center philosophy
- Identify the differences between statutes, regulations, and guidelines
- Define the developmentally appropriate classroom
- Identify the reasons that nutrition is important in an early childhood education setting
- Identify common hazards throughout the school facility
- Identify the goals of multicultural education
- Define performance-based assessment
- List the benefits of teamwork in the early childhood environment
- Identify the characteristics of a leader
- Identify negative communication strategies
- Define and identify key elements of an operating budget
- Identify effective marketing tools for child care centers
- Identify important strategies for increasing retention through internal marketing and parent communication
- Identify various forms of child advocacy
Students enrolled in the Online Georgia Director’s Certificate program
are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Open-ended essay questions and longer essays
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED and submit documentation as proof
- Several courses within this program require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these courses.
English Textbook Information:
Textbook is required and must be purchased at the student’s expense.
Handbook for Early Childhood Administrators:
Directing with a Mission
by: Hilde Reno, with Janet Stutzman and Judy Zimmerman
1st Edition – Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Approximate Cost: $80