CCEI Certificate Program: Online Self Study
Online Self Study CDA Certificate
This certificate program
is only available in English.
This CCEI CDA certificate program of study aligns to the
new CDA credentialing process as established by the
Council for Professional Recognition.
- Settings: Infant/Toddler or Preschool & Family Care
- Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
- Program End Date: 365 days from enrollment date
- Program Code: 1302-CDA
- Program Length: 125 Hours
- IACET CEU Value: 12.5 CEU’s
- Textbook is required and must be purchased at
the student’s expense. MORE INFO BELOW
- After you complete the attached application,
please send it via email, with the subject line:
Attention Melissa Thomas
or fax it to: 877.259.1105
The Online Self Study CDA Certificate meets the 120 clock hours of professional development required by The Council for Professional Recognition in order to obtain the National CDA Credential.
The program is broken into eight Instructional Units. These units focus on the six CDA Competency Standards established by The Council for Professional Recognition.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Online Self Study CDA
Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Define the requirements to establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment for young children
- Identify the components to advance the physical, cognitive, communicative and creative development of young children
- Identify the requirements to maintain a commitment to professionalism
- List the guidelines to establish productive relationships with families
- Identify the components required to ensure a well-run, purposeful early childhood program responsive to the needs of the participants
- Define positive guidance techniques to support appropriate social and emotional development of young children
Students enrolled in the Online Self Study CDA Certificate program
are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program
- Open-ended essay questions
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED and submit documentation as proof
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Several courses within this program require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete this program.
English Textbook Information:
Textbook is required and must be purchased at the student’s expense.
Working With Young Children:
by: Judy Herr
8th Edition – Goodheart-Willcox Publishing
Approximate Cost: $80