CCEI Certificate Program: Online Texas
Online Georgia Director's Certificate
This certificate program
is only available in English.
- Settings: Early Care and Education and School-Age Care
- Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
- Program End Date: 183 days from enrollment date
- Program Code: 5103-TX
- Program Length: 60 Hours
- IACET CEU Value: 6 CEU’s
- Textbook is required and must be purchased at
the student’s expense. MORE INFO BELOW
- After you complete the attached application,
please send it via email, with the subject line:
Attention Melissa Thomas
or fax it to: 877.259.1105
The Online Texas Director’s Certificate provides professional information for early childhood professionals seeking to further their skills and knowledge in the management of a child care center. The program is broken into six Instructional Units. These units focus on the core areas of competency required to manage a child care center. Each student in the Online Texas Director’s Certificate program receives support from an Education Coach (EC). Each EC is an Early Childhood specialist and has previous experience working in a childcare center or school.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Online Texas Director’s Certificate program,
students should be able to:
- Identify key considerations for developing a center philosophy
- Identify a director’s role in budgeting
- Define and demonstrate understanding of the term & “culture of improvement”
- Define early childhood development
- Identify the reasons that nutrition is important in an early childhood education setting
- Identify common hazards throughout the school facility
- Identify the goals of multicultural education
- Define performance-based assessment
- List the benefits of teamwork in the early childhood environment
- Define the communication loop and identify barriers to communication
- Identify physical, cognitive, social and emotional techniques for stress management
- Identify and put into practice Texas child care safety requirements and Minimum Standards
- Define balanced budget
- Describe the role of an advocate
- Identify elements that are important when planning a family event
Students enrolled in the Online Texas Director’s Certificate program
are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Essays and short-answer writing assignments
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED and submit documentation as proof
- Several courses within this program require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these courses.
English Textbook Information:
Textbook is required and must be purchased at the student’s expense.
Handbook for Early Childhood Administrators:
Directing with a Mission
by: Hilde Reno, with Janet Stutzman and Judy Zimmerman
1st Edition – Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Approximate Cost: $80