CCEI Certificate Program: Online Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal
Online Texas Director’s
This certificate program
is only available in English.
- Settings: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, Family Child Care,
and School-Age Care
- Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
- Program End Date: 183 days from enrollment date
- Program Code: 5105-TX
- Program Length: 30 Hours
- IACET CEU Value: 3 CEU’s
- No textbook is required
to complete this certificate program.
- After you complete the attached application,
please send it via email, with the subject line:
Attention Melissa Thomas
or fax it to: 877.259.1105
CCEI’s Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal program provides online training for early childhood professionals seeking to further their skills and knowledge in the management of a child care center in the state of Texas. The child care director training renewal. The program is comprised of 30 hours of online coursework based on Texas Regulations, Minimum Standards and Licensing Requirements and is designed to provide the professional development required to renew the CCEI Texas Director’s Certificate. The Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal also meets the annual 30 hour training licensing requirement for directors of licensed child care centers and primary caregivers in licensed registered child care homes. Each student in the Online Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal program receives support from an Education Coach (EC). Each EC is an early childhood specialist and has previous experience working in a child care center or school.
Upon satisfactorily completing CCEI’s Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal program, students should be able to:
- Identify essential aspects of the Texas Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers regarding administration and communication
- Identify elements of leadership that build employee morale, promote continuous quality improvement, and prevent turnover
- Recognize leadership practices that promote efficiency, teamwork, collaboration and effective communication
- Recall important elements of budgeting and financial planning for child care centers
- Identify marketing strategies that effectively reach target audiences, generate new leads, and lead to enrollment conversions
- Recall communication strategies to use during challenging conversations
- Identify self-reflective practices that support continuous quality improvement
- Identify elements of food service programs that meet the nutritional needs of young children and ensure safe and healthy meals are served each day
- Recognize the essential elements of an inclusive environment that meets the criteria of the ADA
- Identify regulations and recommended practices for keeping children safe when being transported in center vehicles and on fieldtrips
- Identify recommended safe practices and policies for responding to various types of disasters and security threats
Students enrolled in the Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal program
are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal Certificate
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof. High school diplomas issued by private schools that are registered with the Florida Department of Education will also be accepted. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented in a language other than English must be translated by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Several courses within this director’s training renewal program require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these training courses.