THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Communication and Interpersonal Skills Certificate
The Communication and Interpersonal Skills Certificate Program provides 9 clock hours of approved training in communication and interpersonal skills required for center directors, child care teachers, school age teachers, or assistant child care teachers in preschool and/or child care centers in Maryland and other states. Each student in the Communications and Interpersonal Skills Certificate program receives support from an Education Coach (EC). Each EC is an Early Childhood specialist and has previous experience working in a child care center or school.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Communication and Interpersonal Skills Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Identify the components of successful communication among parents, children, and staff
- List examples of communication skills and their appropriate use in the early childhood setting
- Describe the role of the early childhood educator as an advocate and the benefits of effective advocacy
- Identify methods of marketing and promoting an early childhood program
- List characteristics of and strategies for implementing early childhood program good customer service
Students enrolled in the Communication and Interpersonal Skills Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 5401-MD-PD
Program Length: 9 Hours
IACET CEU Value: .9 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 90 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $99
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!