THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Developmentally Appropriate Practices Certificate
The Developmentally Appropriate Practices Certificate is designed to help participants understand the theory and reasoning behind common teaching practices in the early care or preschool environment. The material in this program, including the practical application portion, will help ensure that participants are able to apply sound, research-based knowledge when developing a curriculum or working with children on a day-to-day basis.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Developmentally Appropriate Practices Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Identify leading theories regarding the ways in which children learn, including observation and Piaget’s Stages of Cognitive Development
- Identify major aspects of John Dewey’s educational philosophy and his influence on modern education practices
- Identify recommended practices for promoting optimal physical development in the early childhood environment
- Identify recommended strategies and methods for creating and maintaining a developmentally appropriate learning environment
- Demonstrate ability to apply developmental theory and research when designing classroom activities
- Demonstrate understanding of recommended strategies and practices for promoting skills in specific developmental domains
Students enrolled in the Developmentally Appropriate Practices Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 4205-SPC
Program Length: 7 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.7 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $89
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!