Child Care Certificate Programs
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Diversity and Multiculturalism Certificate
Upon satisfactorily completing the Diversity and Multiculturalism Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Define multiculturalism and identify the goals of multicultural education
- Identify strategies for helping children develop a sense of cultural identity and cooperative social skills
- Define bullying and identify types of bullying
- Identify strategies for creating a “bully-free” child care environment and promoting pro-social behaviors
- Demonstrate an understanding of ways in which gender stereotypes are transmitted from adults to children
- Demonstrate an understanding of ways in which gender stereotypes affect early childhood development
- Demonstrate an understanding of the social and emotional developmental milestones associated with the development of empathy in young children
- Identify appropriate strategies for promoting and reinforcing prosocial behavior in the early childhood environment
- Identify the purpose of cultural responsiveness in the dual language environment
- Identify effective classroom practices and activities for dual language learning
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the diversity and inclusion certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these diversity and inclusion course(s).
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 4215-SPC
Program Length: 8 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.8 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $69
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!