THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Early Childhood Assessment Certificate
The Early Childhood Assessment Certificate program provides essential training on the use of effective assessment strategies, methods, and tools in the early childhood setting. Participants will learn about the purpose of assessment, indicators of effectiveness, and strategies for adjusting curriculum or developing an assessment-driven curriculum. The program also provides information and practical application for a number of common assessment methods and tools, including formal and informal observation, developmental checklists, anecdotal records, interviews, portfolios, and more.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Early Childhood Assessment Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Differentiate between formal and informal assessment and identify purpose of each in the early childhood environment
- Define and identify the purpose of assessment, developmental milestones, observation, and developmental checklist
- Identify the purpose of various assessment tools, including portfolios, anecdotal records, time sampling, event sampling, interviews, and checklists
- Identify best practices for taking action based on assessment data
- Identify and analyze NAEYC indicators of effective assessment
- Demonstrate understanding of basic observation techniques
- Demonstrate ability to complete an evaluate frequency charts and checklists
Students enrolled in the Early Childhood Assessment Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, Family Child Care, and School-Age Care
Program Code: 4208-SPC
Program Length: 7 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.7 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $89
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!