CHILD CARE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Early Childhood Credential (ECC) Renewal Certificate
CCEI’s Early Childhood Credential (ECC) Renewal Certificate program of study is designed to provide the 45 clock hours of professional development required to renew a current CCEI Early Childhood Credential.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Early Childhood Credential (ECC) Renewal Certificate program of study, students should be able to:
- Define and apply the basic principles of child growth and development
- Identify important milestones of physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development during early childhood
- List the requirements for a safe, healthy environment for young children
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment for young children
- Apply positive guidance techniques that support appropriate social and emotional development of young children
- Demonstrate the ability to implement effective assessment methods in the early childhood education setting
- Identify elements of a developmentally appropriate curriculum and overall learning environment in the early childhood education setting
- Apply the recommended strategies for building and maintaining positive relationships with families
- Formulate strategies to develop and maintain a successful program operation
- Identify the requirements for maintaining a commitment to professionalism and ethical conduct
- List the required components to document professional growth
Students enrolled in the Early Childhood Credential (ECC) Renewal Certificate program of study are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Student written essays with written feedback
- Student activity and/or observations with written feedback
- End of course quizzes in multiple choice format
- Cumulative final exam in multiple choice format
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented in a language other than English must be translated to English by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in English to understand and complete the course material
- Must submit proof of 480 clock hours, in the last five (5) years, of working with children in an early childhood care setting. Of the 480 clock-hour requirement, 80 clock hours must be completed while enrolled in the program.
No textbook is required to complete this renewal program.
Prospective students of the Early Childhood Credential (ECC) Renewal Certificate program of study are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine the program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Birth through Eight
Program Code: 1205-ECC
Program Length: 45 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 4.5 CEU’s
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 180 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $424
Application Fee: $75
Total Program Cost: $499
Approximate Book Cost (shipping extra): N/A
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!