Child Care Certificate Program
Family Child Care CDA
CDA Credential Renewal Certificate - Family Child Care
CCEI’s Family Child Care CDA Certificate Renewal program of study is designed to provide the 45 clock hours of professional development required by The Council for Professional Recognition in order to renew the National CDA Credential with a Family Child Care age setting.
Upon satisfactory completion of CCEI’s Family Child Care CDA Certificate Renewal program, students should be able to:
- Define the requirements to establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment for young children
- Identify the components to advance the physical, cognitive, communicative and creative development of young children
- Define positive guidance techniques to support appropriate social and emotional development of young children
- List the guidelines to establish productive relationships with families
- Identify the components required to ensure a well-run, purposeful early childhood program responsive to the needs of the participants
- Identify the requirements to maintain a commitment to professionalism
- Understand and define techniques for social development in early childhood education
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Open-ended essay questions
- Student activity and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the Family Child Care CDA Renewal Certificate program
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must provide evidence of possessing a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education or enrollment as a junior or senior in a high school career and technical program in early childhood education. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented in a language other than English must be translated to English by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the CDA renewal course material
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this CDA renewal certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Family Child Care
Program Code: 1409-CDA
Program Length: 45 hours
IACET CEU Value: 4.5 CEU’s
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 180 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $424
Application Fee: $75
Total Cost: $499
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!