THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Family Child Care Certificate
The Family Child Care Certificate provides 45 clock-hours of training for early childhood professionals seeking to start or improve upon an existing family child care program. Program participants will receive comprehensive training in five basic knowledge areas: Relationships; Environment; Developmental Learning Activities; Safety and Health; and Professional and Business Practices.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Family Child Care Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Identify basic issues, challenges, and requirements for starting and maintaining a successful, effective family child care business
- Identify strategies for effective communication with parents
- Identify recommended practices for maintaining a safe, healthy child care environment indoors and outdoors
- Identify the components of an effective, developmentally appropriate early childhood curriculum
- Identify strategies for implementing a “positive guidance” philosophy
- Identify recommended practices for managing a multiage environment
- Identify basic methods of assessment in the early childhood setting
- Identify typical milestones and recommended practices for promoting development across all developmental domains (physical, cognitive, emotional, social) in young children
- Identify recommended strategies for promoting early literacy and creativity in young children
- Identify potential signs of child maltreatment and the responsibilities of a mandated reporter
- Identify recommended practices for providing healthy meals in a sanitary environment
- Identify recommended policies and practices for promoting transportation and field trip safety
- Identify principles from the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct
- Identify recommended strategies for marketing a program and retaining customers
- Identify effective accounting and budgeting principles
Students enrolled in the Family Child Care Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof. High school diplomas issued by private schools that are registered with the Florida Department of Education will also be accepted. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented in a language other than English must be translated by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Family Child Care
Program Code: 1501-FCC
Program Length: 45 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 4.5 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 180 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $324
Application Fee: $75
Total Program Cost: $399
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!