CCEI Frequently Asked Questions
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT
CHILDCARE EDUCATION INSTITUTE
Below, you’ll find some common questions that come up about ChildCare Education Institute. If you’re looking for information that you can’t find here, please contact us.
ONLINE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM OF STUDY REFUND POLICY
- A Student may at any time, prior to their program end date, request withdrawal from their certificate course of study. The “Effective Date of Termination” will be the date that the student notifies CCEI, and receives a confirmation of notification, that they want to withdraw from the program. CCEI requires students to complete an Official Withdrawal Notification Form (available in the Appendix section of this Handbook and in the Student Resource Center), for withdrawal processing to occur, but the “Effective Date of Termination” will be the date of first confirmed notification. Receipt by CCEI of such Official Withdrawal Notification Form may be by means of facsimile, e-mail or postal mail. Student acknowledges that he/she is responsible for obtaining confirmation of withdrawal notification and receipt of form.
- Students who withdraw within 5 days (considered the ‘grace period’) of enrollment and who have completed less than 1% of the Program will receive a full refund of Tuition Cost and Application Fees.
- Students who withdraw after the grace period or who have completed at least 1% of their Program, will be eligible for refunds based on the following chart. The chart shows the percent of Tuition Cost to which Student will be entitled based on number of days of enrollment in the Program (calculated from the Effective Date of Termination) or the percentage of completion of the coursework completed prior to the Effective Date of Termination. Such refund amount will be calculated based on the higher of percentage days completed or percentage coursework completed. (For example, if Student has been enrolled in the Program for 4% of the allowable days prior to termination and has completed 20% of the Program, the 20% figure will be used to calculate the refund. If Student has been enrolled in the Program for 30% of the allowable days and has completed 15% of the Program, the 30% figure will be used.)
|Enrollment||% of Program||% of Tuition Cost|
|Period||Completion||Refunded or Abated|
|Less than 5% of allowable days||Less than 5%||95%|
|5-10% of allowable days||5-10%||90%|
|10-25% of allowable days||10-25%||75%|
|26-50% of allowable days||26-50%||50%|
|Over 50% of allowable days||Over 50%||0%|
- CCEI will refund any Tuition Costs to which Student is entitled and for which it has received payment from student within 30 days from the receipt of the Official Withdrawal Notification Form.
- If Student is unable to complete a Program because of a cancellation or material change in the Program by CCEI, CCEI will use reasonable efforts to make accommodation to allow Student to complete the Program. If CCEI is unable to provide a means for completion of the Program to Student, then within 30 days of the date of determination by CCEI that it will be unable to allow Student to complete the Program, CCEI will refund all Program Costs it has received from Student.
ONLINE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS REFUND POLICY
ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) has established the following refund policy for Online Professional Development Courses, Block Hours and Individual and Center Based Subscriptions:
- Professional development courses, block hour purchases, and subscriptions (individual or center-based) are eligible for refunds within five (5) days of purchase IF no courses have been accessed. Otherwise, no refunds will be issued.
- Any violation of the F.A.M.E. or Subscription Terms and Agreement will result in immediate cancellation access and no refunds will be given.
PINNACLE CURRICULUM REFUND POLICY
ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) has established the following refund policy for Pinnacle Curriculum Products:
Pinnacle Curriculum customers may request refunds for Pinnacle products, for up to five (5) days after receipt of the product. Only Pinnacle products that are in new, unopened condition are eligible to receive a refund. A 10% restocking fee applies to all eligible Pinnacle returns
Yes. You can complete enrollment by completing a paper application and faxing it to 877.259.1105 or mailing it to ChildCare Education Institute, 3059 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Duluth, GA 30097. For a copy of the certificate program application in English click here. For a copy of the certificate program application in Spanish click here. For a copy of the Professional Development application click here.
ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency and is a recognized member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Taking courses through distance education is a great way to accomplish professional development objectives, while maintaining a full or part-time job and a busy family schedule. ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) online learning offers the convenience of taking coursework from work, home, a library or anywhere Internet access is available. It is a great option for students with busy schedules that may prevent them from attending more traditional scheduled training. CCEI online coursework is self-paced, allowing students to take courses anytime. Many of our students take courses in the evenings, after their households settle in and on weekends. These students also save on gas and babysitting costs that often come with commuting to a traditional school environment. Click here to determine if online learning is right for you. We also invite you to take a trial course.
Your user name is the email address you use to create and validate your account. You select your own password during account creation. This information is sent to you in the account verification email. If you forget your password, you can have it emailed to you by selecting the Did you Forget your Password? link on the Login webpage.
No, accounts are created for one individual.
If you do not have an active professional development subscription, go to Enroll Now. If you have an active subscription or individual training hours, log into your FAME account, then select Register for Professional Development Courses located under Enrollment in the left navigation bar. Choose the course(s) in which you would like to enroll and select the box next to the Course ID. Select Submit at the bottom of the page. Select Apply Subscription and Register. If you would like to start a course immediately, select Start Learning Now or go to your Current Courses folder within FAME.
If you are unable to enroll online, you can complete enrollment by completing a paper application and faxing it to 877.259.1105 or mailing it to ChildCare Education Institute, 3059 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Duluth, GA 30097. For a copy of the Professional Development application click here.
Scholarship funds may be available in your state. For more information, refer to CCEI’s Scholarships webpage or the regulatory agency in your state. CCEI does not administer scholarship programs.
All students must meet the following general enrollment requirements to enroll in any online course or program offered by ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI):
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Some certificate programs require textbooks. The costs of required textbooks are not included in the tuition cost and are the responsibility of the student. Refer to the CCEI website for required textbook information.
- Students who have completed less than 1% of the coursework have a five (5) day grace period to withdraw and receive a full refund of Tuition Cost and Application Fees. Students requesting withdrawal thereafter are subject to the terms of the CCEI Refund Policy. Application Fees are considered non-refundable after the five (5) day grace period. Please refer to the CCEI Refund Policy for details and procedures.
- CCEI does not grant the Child Development Associate (CDA) credential. That is done by the Council for Professional Recognition. CCEI’s CDA programs meet the coursework requirement of the credential and the Council has other requirements unrelated to CCEI’s programs and charges a separate fee for application to become a Child Development Associate.
- CCEI is not a degree granting institution and does not grant college credit. CCEI does have partnerships with a number of colleges and universities for articulation credit of CCEI coursework. See the CCEI website for a complete list of these partnerships and how each one works.
- Students are encouraged to contact their state licensing agency to confirm that the coursework of interest is accepted to meet state licensing requirements or other purposes for which the coursework is intended.
Some CCEI certificate programs of study have additional enrollment requirements. Please refer to the certificate information page for that program’s specific enrollment requirements.
You may be required to purchase textbooks depending on the program you register for. Textbook information is also available on each certificate program’s information page.
No, the cost of textbooks is not included in the tuition paid at the time of enrollment.
The textbooks that are required are readily available at most bookstores. CCEI has an eStore set up with eCampus.com and books can be purchased there.
Yes! You can begin working through the courses in your Certificate Course of Study Program prior to receiving your textbook; however, you will not be able to complete the program without the text as there are required assignments using the text.
Coursework is submitted to your Education Coach through FAME, CCEI’s custom designed learning management system.
No, you can log out of CCEI coursework at any time. When you log back in to your F.A.M.E. account, you will have the option to resume your coursework where you left off.
Yes. Research indicates that student comprehension begins to diminish after extended periods of study. CCEI has limited the maximum number of courses a student can complete in any program to 6 courses per day.
When completing an individual professional development course, the certificate of completion is available to print immediately upon course completion in the Completed Courses folder. After successfully completing a CCEI Certificate Course of Study Program, students will be able to print their certificate from their certificate program page and will receive a graduate packet in the mail that includes a letter of completion, certificate of completion, and transcript.
CCEI coursework is eligible for college credit articulation through articulation agreements with accredited institutions of higher learning. For more information, visit the Articulation Partners page of our website.
Go to Enroll Now.
To change your name in our system you must provide CCEI with a copy of legal documentation showing the name changed. Acceptable forms of legal documentation include copy of marriage license (if recently married) or page from divorce decree showing you reclaimed your maiden name (if recently divorced). If you have legally changed your name through the court system, a copy of the documentation from the court showing your current and former name is required. You may fax the documentation to our Compliance department at 1.866.878.3608 or mail a copy to CCEI Compliance at 3059 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Duluth, GA 30097. Please allow up to five (5) business days for your change to be made in our system. If you have any additional questions please contact CCEI Compliance at 1.800.499.9907, ext. 528.
Requests for transcripts should be made to the CCEI Compliance Department by completing a CCEI Transcript Request Form. The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 requires that all transcript requests be submitted in writing and be signed by the student. Telephone requests for transcripts cannot be processed. Transcripts will only be released when students have met all of their financial obligations to CCEI. CCEI charges a transcript fee of $25.00 for the first copy and $5.00 for each additional copy requested. Students should allow up to ten (10) business days for the request to be processed. Click here to get a copy of the CCEI Transcript Request Form.
We respect your privacy. Personal information provided to ChildCare Education Institute is used solely for the purpose of administering online certificate and professional development programs as outlined in your Terms and Agreements and in connection with reporting to state and federal agencies. CCEI will not share any information about you or your certificate programs of study with anyone without a completed and signed CCEI Authorization to Release Information form. Click here to get a copy of the CCEI Authorization to Release Information form.