All students must meet the following general enrollment requirements to enroll in any online course or program offered by ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI):
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Some certificate programs require textbooks. The costs of required textbooks are not included in the tuition cost and are the responsibility of the student. Refer to the CCEI website for required textbook information.
- Students who have completed less than 1% of the coursework have a five (5) day grace period to withdraw and receive a full refund of Tuition Cost and Application Fees. Students requesting withdrawal thereafter are subject to the terms of the CCEI Refund Policy. Application Fees are considered non-refundable after the five (5) day grace period. Please refer to the CCEI Refund Policy for details and procedures.
- CCEI does not grant the Child Development Associate (CDA) credential. That is done by the Council for Professional Recognition. CCEI’s CDA programs meet the coursework requirement of the credential and the Council has other requirements unrelated to CCEI’s programs and charges a separate fee for application to become a Child Development Associate.
- CCEI is not a degree granting institution and does not grant college credit. CCEI does have partnerships with a number of colleges and universities for articulation credit of CCEI coursework. See the CCEI website for a complete list of these partnerships and how each one works.
- Students are encouraged to contact their state licensing agency to confirm that the coursework of interest is accepted to meet state licensing requirements or other purposes for which the coursework is intended.
Some CCEI certificate programs of study have additional enrollment requirements. Please refer to the certificate information page for that program’s specific enrollment requirements.