Child Care Certificate Programs
Florida Child Care Professional
Credential (FCCPC) Renewal Certificate
Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Renewal Certificate
CCEI’s Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Renewal Certificate program of study is designed to provide the 45 clock hours of professional development required by the Florida Department of Children and Families Credentialing Unit to renew a current Florida Birth through Five Staff Credential.
Upon satisfactorily completing CCEI’s Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Renewal Certificate program of study, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate ways to employ the NAEYC Code of Ethical Code Conduct to validate professional standards for children, families, staff, and community
- Identify strategies to promote healthy brain development
- Identify major developmental milestones related to movement and fine motor skills from birth through age 5
- Define separation anxiety
- Identify common hazards throughout the school facility
- Identify ways in which infectious diseases are spread
- Identify safe practices for preventing the spread of bloodborne pathogens in the child care setting
- Define SIDS prevention and training
- Identify the purpose of therapy for children with attention disorders
- Identify the purpose of early childhood assessment tools
- Define social development, emotional development, and temperament
- Identify the roles of parents and child care providers in providing positive guidance to children
- Recognize the role of empathy in communication
- Identify important strategies for increasing retention through internal marketing and parent outreach communication
Students enrolled in the Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Renewal Certificate program of study are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Student written essays with written feedback
- Student activity and/or observations with written feedback
- End of course quizzes in multiple choice format
- Cumulative final exam in multiple choice format
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof. High school diplomas issued by private schools that are registered with the Florida Department of Education will also be accepted. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented a language other than English must be translated by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Several courses within this FCCPC renewal program require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these courses
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this FCCPC renewal program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Birth through Five
Program Code: 1406-FL
Program Length: 45 hours
IACET CEU Value: 4.5 CEU’s
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 180 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $424
Application Fee: $75
Total Program Cost: $499
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!