Child Care Certificate Program
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Florida Child Care Professional Credential Certificate (FCCPC) - Spanish
CCEI’s Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Certificate – Spanish is designed to provide the 120 clock hours of professional development required by the Department of Children and Families in the State of Florida. The program is comprised of nine Instructional Units. These units focus on the eight FCCPC Content Areas. Each student in the FCCPC Certificate – Spanish program receives support from a bi-lingual Education Coach (EC). Each EC is an early childhood specialist and has previous experience working in a child care center or school.
In addition, this program has been evaluated by the National College Credit Recommendation Service (National CCRS) and has been recommended for 10 semester hours of credit in human/child development or early childhood education in the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category.
Upon satisfactorily completing CCE’s FCCPC Certificate – Spanish program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the completion of 480 contact hours in an early childhood setting
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic principals of child growth and development
- Identify the components to advance the physical, cognitive, communicative and creative development of young children
- Demonstrate the ability to create a developmentally appropriate learning environment that is safe, healthy, respectful, and supportive of children and families
- Identify the requirements of a safe, healthy learning environment for young children
- Demonstrate the ability to develop educational programs that promote the social and emotional development of children
- Define positive guidance techniques to support appropriate social and emotional development of young children
- Define emotional and cognitive development
- Demonstrate the ability to develop educational programs that improve motor, language, and cognitive development of children, including literacy development
- Demonstrate the ability to promote involvement and positive relationships with families and communities
- List the guidelines to establish productive relationships with families
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply the principles of screening and assessment of young children
- Define assessment as it relates to children in the early care setting
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and implement professionalism in the field of early childhood education
- Identify the requirements to maintain a commitment to professionalism
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and implement effective early childhood program management techniques
- Identify the components required to ensure a well-run, purposeful early childhood program responsive to the needs of the participants
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare an early childhood professional portfolio
- List the required components to document professional growth
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Open-ended essay questions
- Student activity and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the FCCPC training course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the FCCPC certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof. High school diplomas issued by private schools that are registered with the Florida Department of Education will also be accepted. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented in a language other than English must be translated by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the FCCP course material
- Must submit proof of 480 clock hours, in the last five (5) years, of working with children in an early childhood care setting. Of the 480 clock-hour requirement, 80 clock hours must be completed while enrolled in the training
- Must complete all assigned FCCPC certification coursework and readings
- Must be observed at least once by a student-selected, CCEI approved observer, while working with children as a lead teacher in an early childhood classroom setting
- Must compile and maintain an Early Childhood Portfolio that is reviewed and approved by the student-selected, CCEI approved observer
Settings: Birth through Five
Program Code: 5101-FLS
Program Length: 139 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 13.9 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 365 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $1,300
Application Fee: $100
Total Program Cost: $1,400
Approximate Book Cost (shipping extra): $75
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!