Child Care Certificate Programs
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) School-Age Certificate
CCEI’s Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) School-Age Certificate program of study is designed to provide the 120 clock hours of professional development required by the Department of Children and Families in the State of Florida to obtain the Florida School-Age Credential. The FCCPC program includes Instructional Units that focus on child development and the six (6) FCCPC School-Age Content Areas.
CCEI’s FCCPC program is comprised of online coursework, textbook reading, essays, observations, portfolio creation, quizzes and exams, and documentation requirements. Each student enrolled in the program is assigned an Education Coach (EC) who has previous experience working in a child care center or school and is knowledgeable of Florida School-Age Child Care Regulations, National School-Age Care Alliance (NSACA) Standards and policies for school-age services. Upon successful completion of the CCEI FCCPC School-Age program requirements, student information will be submitted to the Florida Department of Children and Families for issuance of the School-Age Staff Credential.
Upon satisfactorily completing the FCCPC School-Age Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment
- Identify strategies that advance physical and intellectual competence
- Recognize teaching methods that support social and emotional development and the provision of positive guidance
- Identify strategies for establishing positive and productive relationships with families
- Identify ways of ensuring a well-run, purposeful program that is responsive to the participants’ needs
- Recognize ways to maintain a commitment to professionalism
Students enrolled in this FCCPC School-Age Certificate program of study are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Open-ended written responses to questions with evaluator feedback
- Student activity and/or observations with evaluator feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format. Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Formal classroom observation as described in program elements
- School-Age Portfolio as described in program elements
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format. Students must pass the exam with a grade of 70% or better to complete the FCCPC School-Age Certificate program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented in a language other language than English must be translated to English by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language in which the course is presented to understand and complete the course material
- Must submit Florida Department of Children and Families training transcript showing proof of completing the Florida DCF 40-hour child care training in Child Care Facility Rules and Regulations; Health, Safety and Nutrition; Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect; and School-Age Appropriate Practices
- Must submit proof of 480 clock hours, in the last five (5) years, of working with children in a school-age care setting. Of the 480 clock-hour requirement, 80 clock hours must be completed while enrolled in the training
- Must complete all assigned coursework and readings
- Must be observed at least once by a student-selected, CCEI approved observer, while working with children as a lead teacher in a school-age classroom setting
- Must compile and maintain a School-Age Portfolio that is reviewed and approved by the student-selected, CCEI approved observer
Textbook Information: Textbook is required and must be purchased at the student’s expense.
Working with Young Children by Judy Herr; 8th Edition; Goodheart-Willcox Publishing; ISBN – 978-1-63126-024-7; Approximate Cost: $80
Program Code: 5501-FL
Program Length: 80 Hours of CCEI training plus proof of completing Florida DCF 40-hour child care training
IACET CEU Value: 12.0 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 180 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $725
Application Fee: $75
Total Program Cost: $800
Approximate Book Cost (shipping extra): $80
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!