CHILD CARE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Georgia Basic Six Certificate
The Georgia Basic Six Certificate provides the six hours of training required for all Georgia caregiver staff during their first year of employment. Courses cover the following topics: disease control, cleanliness, basic hygiene, illness detection, illness disposition, and childhood injury control, and identifying, reporting, and meeting the needs of abused, neglected, or deprived children. This program is included at no additional cost for all CCEI Georgia Professional Development Subscription holders.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Georgia Basic Six Certificate program of study, students should be able to:
- Identify basic health and hygiene practices for the early childhood setting
- Identify signs of child abuse and reporting requirements for early childhood professionals
- Identify the impact of maltreatment of children on relationship skills and bonding
- Identify appropriate indoor and outdoor safety hazards and how they can be prevented in the early childhood setting
Students enrolled in the Georgia Basic Six Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 5109-GA
Program Length: 6 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.6 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 90 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $79
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!