Child Care Director Certificate Programs
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Georgia Director's Certificate
CCEI’s Georgia Director’s Certificate is designed to meet the mandatory training requirement for child care center directors in Georgia and provides professional information for early childhood professionals seeking to further their skills and knowledge in the management of a child care center. The child care director’s program is comprised of five Instructional Units. These units focus on the core areas of competency required to manage a child care center. Each student in the Georgia Director’s Certificate program receives support from an Education Coach (EC). Each EC is an early childhood specialist and has previous experience working in a child care center or school.
Upon satisfactorily completing CCEI’s Georgia Director’s Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Identify key considerations for developing a child care center philosophy
- Identify the differences between statutes, regulations, and guidelines
- Define the developmentally appropriate classroom
- Identify the reasons that nutrition is important in an early childhood education setting
- Identify common hazards throughout the school facility
- Identify the goals of multiculturalism in early childhood education
- Define performance-based assessment
- List the benefits of teamwork in the early childhood environment
- Identify the characteristics of a leader
- Identify negative communication strategies
- Define and identify key elements of operating a child care center budget
- Identify effective marketing strategies for child care centers
- Identify important strategies for increasing retention through internal marketing and parent communication
- Identify various forms of child advocacy
Students enrolled in the Georgia Director’s Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Open-ended essay questions and longer essays
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the director’s certificate program
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof. High school diplomas issued by private schools that are registered with the Florida Department of Education will also be accepted. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented in a language other than English must be translated by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the director’s training course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Several courses within this director’s training program require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these courses.
Textbook Information: A textbook is required and must be purchased at the student’s expense.
Handbook for Early Childhood Administrators: Directing with a Mission by Hilde Reno, with Janet Stutzman and Judy Zimmerman; 1st Edition; Allyn & Bacon, Inc.; 978-0-20546-980-2; Approximate Cost: $60
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward requirements in the State of Georgia.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, Family Child Care, and School-Age Care
Program Code: 5106-GA
Program Length: 62 hours
IACET CEU Value: 6.2 CEU’s
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 183 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $575
Application Fee: $75
Total Program Cost: $650
Approximate Book Cost (shipping extra): $60
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!