HEAD START TRAINING
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Make Your T/TA Funds go Further and Get More Staff Trained with Online Coursework from ChildCare Education Institute
ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) is the leading distance training provider in the child care industry and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education Accrediting Commission. Since its inception, CCEI has worked with the Head Start community to provide quality staff training.
Head Start Training Requirements
Performance Standard: 45 CFR 1304.52 (l) Training and Development
One of the most important determinants of program excellence is the presence of well-trained, qualified staff. The Head Start training and development section 45 CFR 1304.52 (l) requires grantees and delegate agencies to provide orientation for new staff, volunteers and consultants, establishes a structured approach to staff training and development that is designed to foster relationships and build knowledge and skills, and to include ongoing opportunities for staff to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to implement the content of the Head Start Program Performance Standards. Whenever possible, staff training and development should carry academic credit.
The Staff qualifications and development section [62 U.S.C. 9843a] Sec. 648A.5 of the Head Start Act specifies that each Head Start teacher shall attend not less than 15 clock hours of professional development per year. Such professional development shall, among other things, be high-quality, sustained, intensive, and have a positive and lasting impact on classroom instruction and the teacher’s performance in the classroom, and should be regularly evaluated by the program for effectiveness.
CCEI offers online coursework that can help meet these requirements:
- Pre-service and In-service online training for new and experienced staff
- Over 150 child care training courses in English & Spanish
- Training topics pertinent to the industry in healthy and safety, nutrition and food service, child development, classroom management, guidance and discipline, inclusion, and many more
- Administration and management professional development courses
- General orientation and infant-toddler orientation programs
- Certificate programs that can help meet the coursework requirements of the CDA, FCCPC, and more
- IACET CEUs awarded for completed coursework
- Coursework that articulates to college credit with several of CCEI’s college partners
- Customized content hosting
CCEI offers a variety of online certificate programs to help Head Start staff meet this standard:
- Instructor-Supported CDA – English
- Instructor-Supported CDA – Spanish
- Self-Study CDA
- Early Childhood Credential –Holders of the CCEI Early Childhood Credential are considered qualified for Head Start positions that require a minimum of a CDA or other certificate.
All of these programs are self-paced and can be completed in one year or less. CCEI coursework has received college credit recommendations from the National College Credit Recommendation Service and articulates to college credit with CCEI’s college partners.
Benefits offered by CCEI to Head Start staff:
- In-Kind Credit offered on most programs
- Customer Support Help Desk to deliver assistance
- Faculty Support
- Student access to completion certificates
Not Sure Online Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!
How Do I Get Started?
You have three options for purchasing a course
Individual or block hours
Students may purchase one hour of coursework or multiple hours at a time.
- 1-10 Hours: $15 per hour
- 11-49 Hours: $12 per hour
- 50 Hour Block: $450
- 125 Hour Block: $999
- 225 Hour Block: $1,499
Individual Annual Subscription
For $99, a child care provider can purchase an Individual Annual Professional Development Subscription. The subscription allows unlimited access to CCEI’s professional development course catalog for the year of the subscription.
The Center-Based Annual Subscription is the most manageable, accessible and cost-effective method for a center to provide its staff with training to meet annual licensing professional development needs. CCEI offers two center-based subscriptions:
With the 50-user option, staff can receive access to annual training for just $20 per person.