Child Care Certificate Program
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Health and Hygiene Certificate
CCEI’s Health and Hygiene Certificate teaches basic health and hygiene practices and guidelines that every early childhood professional needs to master. This program provides detailed recommendations for recognizing, responding to, and preventing the spread of infectious diseases in the early child care education setting. Participants will also learn recommended practices and policies for preventing the spread of blood-borne pathogens, preparing for an influenza pandemic, preventing and responding to food-allergy reactions, and promoting good oral health.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Health and Hygiene Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Identify recommended practices and guidelines for maintaining a hygienic child care environment
- Identify the signs of infectious disease in the child care setting
- Identify effective strategies for preventing the spread of blood-borne pathogens
- Identify recommended policies for preparing for a flu pandemic
- Identify recommended policies regarding food allergies in the child care environment
- Demonstrate understanding of proper hand-washing and diapering techniques
- Demonstrate understanding of health standards through observation and evaluation in a child care center
- Identify the reasons that it is important to pay attention to oral health
Students enrolled in CCEI’s Health and Hygiene Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the health and hygiene course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the health and hygiene course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these health and hygiene course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this health and hygiene certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, Family Child Care, and School-Age Care
Program Code: 4211-SPC
Program Length: 8 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.8 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $89
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!