Child Care Certificate Programs
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Special Needs and Inclusive Education Certificate
The Special Needs and Inclusive Education Certificate begins with a basic overview of special needs issues that early childhood educators and professionals may encounter, including descriptions of various conditions and disabilities, recommended teaching and guidance practices, and basic requirements and guidelines under federal law. In addition, the Special Needs and Inclusive Education Certificate provides recommendations for working with children diagnosed with attention deficit disorders, as well as the latest recommendations and research on teaching students with autism in the inclusive classroom.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Special Needs and Inclusive Education Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Define key terms related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Identify characteristics of general disability categories
- List important considerations for incorporating adaptive materials and making classroom accommodations to support children with disabilities
- Identify the characteristics commonly associated with autism spectrum disorders, including information regarding affected groups, causes, and treatments
- Demonstrate understanding of the possible effects of autism spectrum disorders on a range of developmental domains, including cognitive, physical, and social skills
- Identify strategies for responding to or managing various behaviors or actions of children with autism
- Identify different forms of attention deficit disorder (ADHD), including criteria used by doctors for diagnosis
- Identify and define “best practices” for providing positive guidance and beneficial educational experiences to children with attention disorders
- Demonstrate understanding of requirements for compliance with the ADA
Students enrolled in the Special Needs and Inclusive Education Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the Special Needs and Inclusive Education Certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 4214-SPC
Program Length: 9 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.9 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $89
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!