Child Care Certificate Programs
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Instructor-Supported CDA Preschool Certificate
The Instructor-Supported CDA Preschool Certificate meets the 120 clock hours of professional development required by The Council for Professional Recognition in order to obtain the National CDA Credential. The program is comprised of three Instructional Units. These units focus on the six CDA Competency Standards established by The Council for Professional Recognition. Each student in the Online Instructor-Supported CDA Certificate program receives support from an Education Coach (EC). Each EC is an early childhood specialist and has previous experience working in a child care center or school.
In addition, CCEI’s Instructor-Supported CDA Preschool Certificate program has been evaluated by the National College Credit Recommendation Service (National CCRS) and has been recommended for 8 semester hours of credit in Human/Child Development or Early Childhood Education in the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Instructor-Supported CDA Preschool Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Define the requirements to establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment for young children.
- Identify the components to advance the physical, cognitive, communicative and creative development of young children.
- Define positive guidance techniques to support appropriate social and emotional development of young children.
- List the guidelines to establish productive relationships with families.
- Identify the components required to ensure a well-run, purposeful early childhood program responsive to the needs of the participants.
- Identify the requirements to maintain a commitment to professionalism.
Students enrolled in the Instructor-Supported CDA Preschool Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions.
- Open-ended essay questions.
- Student activity and/or observations with written feedback.
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the CDA certificate program.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must provide evidence of possessing a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education or be enrolled as a junior or senior in a high school career and technical program in early childhood education. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented in a language other than English must be translated to English by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
- Must have access to a computer and printer.
- Must have a valid email address.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material.
- Several courses within this program require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete this program.
Textbook is required and must be purchased at the student’s expense.
Essentials for Working with Young Children, 2nd Edition; by The Council for Professional Recognition; ISBN: 978-0-9903072-8-0; Approximate Cost: $55
Essentials for Working with Young Children, 3rd Edition; by The Council for Professional Recognition; ISBN: 978-0-9889650-8-9; Approximate Cost: $55
We also recommend students also purchase the CDA Competency Standards – Preschool Edition book by The Council for Professional Recognition; Approximate Cost $25.
Program Code: 1206-CDAP
Program Length: 130 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 13.0 CEUs
Program Start Date:
Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date:
365 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $1,300
Application Fee: $100
Total Program Cost: $1,400
Approximate Book Cost:
(shipping extra): $75 for 2 books
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!