Head Start Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center
Staffing in the child care sector is now considered a crisis, as over 126,000 positions remain unfilled. And while you as an administrator likely cannot change the biggest barrier (pay), it is important to implement practices that can help you retain your staff.
Head Start Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center has compiled resources designed to help you build and retain your workforce. While some of these resources are purely for Head Starts, most of them can benefit anyone in any child care environment.
These resources a meant to help you with:
- Recruiting and Hiring Staff
- Trainings for New Staff
- Professional Development for Teachers, Family Child Care Providers, and How Visitors
- Staff Retention
- Coaching to Support Staff
- Connect with Others
Here are some of the resources that are worth highlighting:
- The 5 part series on the 5Rs for Early Learning Leaders: Responsive Relationships, Reason, Resources, Reflective Dialogue, and Recognition.
- The webinar, Mental Health and Staff Wellness, Emotionally Strong Together, recommends that administrators should consider, “How can staff wellness be prioritized so providers can reflect on their own mental health needs and be able to support children and families in safe, responsive, and nurturing ways?”
- The newsletter, Staff Wellness—Managing Stress, which reminds us that “Stress doesn’t just affect you; it also impacts your relationships with children in your care and with coworkers.”
- The additional resource, Promoting Staff Well-being, provides opportunities to “learn ways to promote a culture of wellness for young children and the adults who care for them.”
For the main article Resources for the New Year, CLICK HERE
For the article New NAEYC Resource, CLICK HERE
For the article ParentEducate.com, CLICK HERE
For the article Learning Trajectories for Teaching Math Skills, CLICK HERE