ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) is approved as a training organization in the Kentucky Early Childhood Education Training Records Information System (ECE-TRIS). Most courses are approved to meet Early Care and Education in-service training requirements. In addition, CCEI is approved to automatically transmit course completions directly to the Kentucky ECE-TRIS and does so weekly. For additional information regarding the acceptance of CCEI’s coursework in Kentucky, click here or contact the Division of Child Care at 800.421.1903.
PLEASE NOTE: Kentucky early childhood professionals are instructed to review the approved training list on the Kentucky ECE-TRIS website calendar prior to taking any online training to ensure they were approved by the Division of Child Care and to find the dates approved. CCEI approved trainings can be found by searching the calendar under the Independent Study and Web-Based Trainings tab and filtering for CCEI as the Sponsoring Agency.
The following four courses have not been approved for in-service hours for KY staff. The State of Kentucky has developed these mandatory trainings for all providers and trainers. The training must be presented by specially trained presenters.
- CCEI530A: “Nutrition I: The USDA Food Program and Meal Planning”
- CCEI118: “Shaken Baby Syndrome”
- CCEI680A: “Orientation to Child Care: Roles and Responsibilities for Teachers”
- PROF101: “Adult Learning: Theories and Strategies for Trainers and Directors”
CCEI’s coursework was awarded the Comprehensive CDA Gold Standard℠ by the Council for Professional Recognition (the Council) and can be used to fulfill the training requirements needed to obtain the National CDA Credential in English and Spanish.
- To enroll in a CCEI course click here.
- Contact a CCEI Admissions Representative at 1.800.499.9907 or by clicking here with questions or for more information about our courses and certificate programs.
- For information on how to articulate CCEI coursework with our college partners click here.