Child Care Training Programs
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Mandated Reporter Certificate
- Define and understand what a mandated reporter is and what they do
- Identify potential signs of child abuse, such as physical, emotional, and sexual abuse
- Define major types and identify indicators of child neglect
- Identify common behaviors of abusive parents
- Identify proper procedures and practices for effective documentation and reporting of child abuse
- Identify the major consequences (physical, emotional, social) of family violence upon toddlers, young children and adolescents
- Identify sensitive periods in early childhood brain development
- Demonstrate understanding of the appropriate response to suspected child abuse
- Demonstrate the ability to identify local or state reporting agencies and requirements
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this mandated reporter online training program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, Family Child Care, and School-Age Care
Program Code: 4213-SPC
Program Length: 5 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.5 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $59
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!