- Partner with a local retirement community – together children and residents can read, garden, play games, sing, and laugh.
- Clean up a local park – with adult supervision and precautions such as gloves, children can participate in a park clean-up event.
- Support the Troops – send letters and care packages to members of the armed forces, especially if a family member from the program has been deployed.
- Create care packages for children in local hospitals – create encouragement messages and get-well cards for children or adults in a local hospital.
- Grow a garden and donate harvest to food bank – children can plant a vegetable garden in the spring and share the harvest with a local food bank or homeless shelter.
CLICK HERE to read the main article about Service-Learning
CLICK HERE for service-learning project ideas for Infant-Toddler
CLICK HERE for service-learning project ideas for School-Age
CLICK HERE for service-learning project ideas for Director’s Corner