- Hold a fundraiser to benefit a community or family who has experienced disaster – children can create art, make jewelry, or bake treats and sell them to raise money for a community or family in need.
- Carwash to raise money for a cause – encourage the children to plan and market a carwash to raise money for a worthy cause of their choice.
- Create a recycling program – children can create a recycling program and market it to the other families in the program or within the larger community.
- Plant trees – collaborate with local parks or recreation centers to plant trees in these locations or on the grounds of the program.
- Pen pal with schools from other countries – create a pen pal program where children can write letters or communicate through the internet; if possible, organize a clothing or school supplies donation drive and send the items to the pen pals.
- Put on a show – encourage children to plan and perform in a talent show or play to entertain the other children in the program, residents of a retirement community, or other community audience.
CLICK HERE to read the main article about Service-Learning
CLICK HERE for service-learning project ideas for Infant-Toddler
CLICK HERE for service-learning project ideas for Preschool
CLICK HERE for service-learning project ideas for Director’s Corner