Nevada Child Care Training and Courses
The majority of courses and certificate programs offered by ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) are accepted by The Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH) – Child Care Licensing Unit to meet annual training requirements for child care professionals in Nevada.
CCEI courses are approved by The Nevada Registry to meet the state’s licensing requirements and to satisfy training requirements for Level 1.3 of the Nevada Early Care and Education Professional Career Ladder. In addition, CCEI is approved to automatically transmit course completions directly to The Nevada Registry and does so weekly. For additional information please contact the registry office at 800-259-1906
Additionally, courses are accepted by the Nevada Silver State Stars QRIS for professional development plans at the discretion of the Center Administrator.
CCDBG Health and Safety Training
CCEI has customized CCDBG courses to meet Nevada-specific licensing regulations. These and other approved courses can be found by clicking the View Nevada Registry Approved Courses button below. Important Note: Only the courses listed below will be accepted as approved CCDBG training by The Nevada Registry.
Approved Courses for Nevada Child Care Licensing, Health and Safety Training
- NV101: Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome and Abusive Head Trauma
- NV102: Building and Physical Premises Safety including Storage of Bio-Contaminants and “Hazardous Materials
- NV103: Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning for Natural and Man-Made Events
- NV104: Transportation in the Early Childhood Environments
- NV106: Medication Administration and the Prevention of and Response to Food and Other Allergies in the Child Care Environment
Non-Approved Courses The following courses will not be accepted by the Nevada Registry:
- ADM103: Transportation and Field Trip Safety for Child Care Centers
- CCEI112A: Child Abuse: Signs of Abuse and Reporting Requirements for Early Childhood Professionals
- CCEI112D: Child Abuse: The Impact of Maltreatment on Relationship Skills and Bonding
- CCEI119: Food Allergies in the Early Care Setting
- HLTH102: Preventing the Spread of Bloodborne Pathogens
- HLTH105: Medication Administration in the Child Care Environment
- HLTH107: CCDBG Health and Safety Basics
- HLTH110: Protecting Infants: Reducing the Risk of SIDS and Shaken Baby Syndrome
- HLTH112: Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse
CCEI is an approved training partner by the Council for Professional Recognition (the Council) and coursework can be used to fulfill the training requirements needed to obtain the National CDA Credential in English and Spanish.