Child Care Certificate Program
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
New York Professional Development Certificate II
CCEI’s New York Professional Development Certificate II program of study provides 15 clock hours of approved training required by employees and those responsible for developing, directing and supervising the daily activity programs for children in registered or group family child care, school-age child care, and child care centers in the state of New York. Content in the New York Professional Development Certificate II correlates to 8 of the 9 NY training topic areas. (Note: Students who complete New York Professional Development Certificates I and II will satisfy the 30 hour NY mandated training requirement that must be completed every 2 years.)
Learn more about the New York Professional Development Certificate I course.
Upon satisfactorily completing the CCEI’s New York Professional Development Certificate II program, students should be able to:
- Identify the impact of maltreatment on a child’s emotional and social development
- Demonstrate understanding of recommended strategies for reducing the spread of infectious diseases in the child care setting
- Identify recommended positive guidance techniques and strategies for promoting healthy social and emotional development in young children
- Identify recommended strategies for increasing teamwork and employee satisfaction in the child care setting
- Demonstrate understanding of basic characteristics of common disabilities or special needs in the early childhood setting
- Identify recommended methods of assessment for the early childhood education environment
- Identify recommended strategies for teaching young children in a dual language learning environment
- Identify recommended strategies for promoting early critical thinking skills
Students enrolled in the New York Professional Development Certificate II program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the the professional development certificate program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the professional development course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this professional development certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Settings: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 5108-NY
Program Length: 15 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 1.5 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 90 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $149
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!