THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
New York Professional Development Certificate I
The NY Professional Development Certificate I program of study provides 15 clock hours of approved training required by employees and those responsible for developing, directing and supervising the daily activity programs for children in registered or group family day care, school-age child care, and day care centers in the state of NY. Content in the NY Professional Development Certificate I correlates to the 9 NY Training Topic Areas. (Note: Students who complete NY Professional Development Certificates I and II will satisfy the 30 hour NY mandated training requirement that must be completed every 2 years.)
Upon satisfactorily completing the NY Professional Development Certificate I program, students should be able to:
- Identify recommended practices for reducing risks and injury in the child care setting
- Demonstrate understanding of recommended practices and strategies for promoting optimal physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development
- Demonstrate understanding of the responsibilities of a mandated reporter
- Define multiculturalism and identify key aspects of a multicultural curriculum
- Identify strategies for promoting early literacy skills
- Define the term positive guidance and explain why it is valuable for caregivers to use it during the early childhood years
- Identify key factors in an effective curriculum
- Identify strategies and methods for promoting effective, appropriate communication among adults in the early childhood setting
Students enrolled in the NY Professional Development Certificate I program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Settings: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 5107-NY
Program Length: 15 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 1.5 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 90 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $149
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!