Ohio Child Care Training and Courses
ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) is an approved Training Organization in the Ohio Professional Registry (OPR) and CCEI courses provide International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) Continuing Education Units (CEUs). As such, most courses are accepted as Ohio Approved training by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Early Learning and Development to meet required annual in-service training hours. In addition, as an approved Training Organization, CCEI automatically transmits course completions directly to registry weekly.
The following courses are NOT ACCEPTED as Ohio Approved training:
- ADM103: Transportation and Field Trip Safety for Child Care Centers
- CCEI110A: Indoor Safety in the Early Childhood Setting
- CCEI110B: Outdoor Safety in the Early Childhood Setting
- CCEI112A: Child Abuse: Signs of Abuse and Reporting Requirements for Early Childhood Professionals
- CCEI116A: Oral Health in Early Childhood
- CCEI119: Food Allergies in the Early Care Setting
- CCEI900: Safety in the Infant/Toddler Classroom
- HLTH101: Preparing for an Influenza Pandemic
- HLTH102: Preventing the Spread of Bloodborne Pathogens
- HLTH104: Basic Health and Hygiene Practices for the Early Childhood Setting
- HLTH105: Medication Administration in the Child Care Environment
- HLTH106: Fire Safety in the Early Care and Education Environment
- HLTH107: Health and Safety Basics
- HLTH111: Safety Practices for Child Care Programs in the Face of COVID-19
- NFS102: Preventing Foodborne Illnesses
For additional information regarding the approval of CCEI’s coursework in Ohio, visit the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Early Learning and Development homepage or contact the Bureau of Child Care and Development at 877.302.2347, option 4.
CCEI is an approved training partner by the Council for Professional Recognition (the Council) and coursework can be used to fulfill the training requirements needed to obtain the National CDA Credential in English and Spanish.
- To enroll in a CCEI course click here.
- Contact a CCEI Admissions Representative at 1.800.499.9907 or by clicking here with questions or for more information about our courses and certificate programs.
For information on how to articulate CCEI coursework with our college partners click here.