Child Care Certificate Program
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Oklahoma Health and Safety Pre-Service Certificate
Upon satisfactorily completing CCEI’s Oklahoma Health and Safety Pre-Service Certificate program of study, students should be able to:
- Identify recommended practices and guidelines for maintaining a hygienic child care environment
- Identify the signs of infectious disease in the child care setting
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of vaccines and identify elements of recommended immunization policies for child care facilities
- Identify prevention strategies and other issues associated with Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of recommended strategies and best practices for administering medication to children of various ages and abilities
- Identify recommended policies regarding food allergies in the child care environment
- Identify strategies for reducing or eliminating indoor and outdoor hazards in the child care setting
- Identify recommended practices for preventing poisoning by plants, chemicals, and other materials
- Identify strategies and practices for promoting fire safety in the early care and education environment
- Identify recommended safe practices and policies for responding to various types of disasters and security threats, including tornadoes, storms, earthquakes, and terrorist
- Identify recommended policies and practices for promoting transportation and field trip safety
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- End of course quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- Student reflection
- Case studies
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the health and safety certificate program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this health and safety program require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this health and safety certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Settings: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, Family Child Care, and School-Age Care
Program Code: 5314-OK
Program Length: 16 hours
IACET CEU Value: 1.6 CEU’s
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $49
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!