THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Is Online Learning Right for You?
Taking courses through distance education is a great way to accomplish professional development objectives, while maintaining a full or part time job and a busy family schedule. CCEI online learning offers the convenience of taking coursework from work, home, a library or anywhere internet access is available. It is a great option for students with busy schedules that may prevent them from attending more traditional scheduled training. CCEI online coursework is self-paced, allowing students to take courses anytime. Many of our students take courses in the evenings, after their households settle in and on weekends. These students also save on gas and babysitting costs that often come with commuting to a traditional school environment.
Online learning is not for everyone. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) recommends that students ask themselves the following questions to determine if online learning is a good option for them.
- Does your computer have a fast and reliable Internet connection?
- Are you comfortable with using the Internet?
- Do you write and send emails?
- Do you know how to send, receive, and open email attachments?
- Do you have strong reading comprehension skills?
- Do you express yourself clearly through writing?
- Do you understand material best when it is presented visually (that is, using pictures, written words, charts, graphs)?
- Are you organized?
- Are you highly motivated?
- Do you manage your time well?
- Are you able to work alone without face-to-face interaction with others?
- Do you have enough time to commit to studying?
- Do you have an environment in which you can study undisturbed?
- Will your family and friends be supportive of your need for time to study?
If you answered mostly “yes” then taking an online course might be right for you. If you answered mostly “no” then online learning might not be your best option. You may have more success in a traditional classroom setting.
For more information on CCEI’s online learning courses and programs, contact a CCEI Admissions Coordinator at 1.800.499.9907 prompt 3.
Not Sure Online Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!