Skip to content
- Add wind chimes, pinwheels, flags, mobiles, and streamers to the outdoor space to add visual and auditory interest.
- Hang birdbaths, feeders, and houses to the space and observe the different birds that visit.
- Bring sensory bins or tables outside and allow children to explore different materials. Create a water center containing a variety of cups, containers, funnels, and tubes.
- Acquire a refrigerator box from a parent or local business. Remove staples and apply tape to any rough edges. Place it on the playground and allow children to explore.
- Provide blankets and pillows and invite children to explore books in the shade.