ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) is an approved PQAS Organization. CCEI training is recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) Office of Child Development and Early Learning as PA Keys to Professional Development approved instruction and can be used to fulfill annual in-service training requirements. In addition, CCEI is approved to automatically transmit course completions directly to the PA Keys to Quality PD Registry and does so weekly.
The following courses are not approved by the PA Keys to Quality PD Registry:
- ADM102: Family Child Care Basics
- ADM103: Transportation and Field Trip Safety for Child Care Centers
- ADM107: Coping With Crises and Traumatic Events
- CCEI110A: Indoor Safety in the Early Childhood Setting
- CCEI110B: Outdoor Safety in the Early Childhood Setting
- CCEI112A: Child Abuse: Signs of Abuse and Reporting Requirements for Early Childhood Professionals
- CCEI112D: Child Abuse: The Impact of Maltreatment on Relationship Skills and Bonding
- CCEI900: Safety in the Infant/Toddler Classroom
- CCEI959: Legal and Regulatory Issues for Child Care Centers
- HLTH107: CCDBG Health and Safety Basics
Act 48 of 1999 requires all Pennsylvania educators holding Pennsylvania public school certification (including Instructional I and II, Educational Specialist I and II, Administrative, Supervisory, Letters of Eligibility, and all vocational certificates) to participate in ongoing professional education. CCEI is an approved Act 48 Training Provider.
For additional information regarding the acceptance of CCEI’s coursework in Pennsylvania, click here to contact the Office of Child Development and Early Learning or contact by phone at 717.346.9320. For additional information regarding Act 48 or CCEI’s Act 48 approval click here.
CCEI’s coursework was awarded the Comprehensive CDA Gold Standard℠ by the Council for Professional Recognition (the Council) and can be used to fulfill the training requirements needed to obtain the National CDA Credential in English and Spanish.