Child Care Certificate Program
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Positive Guidance Certificate
CCEI’s Positive Guidance Certificate program provides a comprehensive overview of recommended guidance strategies for the early childhood environment. Participants will focus on communication and positive guidance strategies that promote autonomy, good decision-making, self-confidence, and self-esteem. This program is recommended for all early childhood professionals, including new and veteran teachers, directors, curriculum developers, and others.
Upon satisfactorily completing CCEI’s Positive Guidance Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Define positive guidance and/or positive discipline
- Identify appropriate guidance practices for children at all stages of early childhood
- Identify strategies for encouraging children to develop age appropriate decision making skills
- Identify strategies for setting limits while promoting autonomy and exploration
- Identify techniques for mitigating or discouraging inappropriate and unacceptable behaviors
- Evaluate the positive guidance practices of a teacher or caregiver in the early childhood environment
- Demonstrate understanding of the goals and principles of positive guidance
- Demonstrate ability to implement positive guidance practices
Students enrolled in the Positive Guidance Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the positive guidance course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the positive guidance course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 4209-SPC
Program Length: 7 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.7 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $89
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!