THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Preschool Curriculum Design Certificate
The Preschool Curriculum Design Certificate covers basic curriculum design principles for the early childhood environment. Participants will learn about the indicators of effective curriculum and a wide range of recommended strategies and methods for curriculum development at the preschool level. Content centers around the development of early literacy, math, and science skills as well as designing a curriculum based on classroom learning centers.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Preschool Curriculum Design Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Define curriculum and identify the Indicators of Effective Curriculum
- Identify recommended strategies for designing, organizing, and maintaining effective learning centers in the classroom
- Identify the stages of language development and strategies for developing a language-rich environment
- Identify recommended activities for promoting early science and math skills
- Apply knowledge of recommended, research-based practices when designing activities to promote early literacy, science, and math skills in the preschool environment
Students enrolled in the Preschool Curriculum Design Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Program Code: 4206-SPC
Program Length: 7 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.7 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $89
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!