Infants & Toddlers
Professional development is important to your ability to meet the needs of the children in your care. In addition to the reflection questions included in the main article here, you can also ask yourself variations of reflection questions like the ones below:
- How important is my role in the development of the infants and toddlers in my care?
- Could I easily explain how children’s language skills develop to a parent or family member?
- Have I designed a program that is responsive to the individual and cultural needs of the children?
- Have I established reciprocal relationships with the families of each child in my care?
- Is my physical environment as safe as it could be for the children in my care?
Here are some topics that may help you in your work with infants and toddlers:
- CCEI900: Safety in the Infant/Toddler Classroom
- CCEI670: Bright Beginnings: Age Appropriate Activities for Infants and Toddlers
- CCEI810: Brain Development and Learning: What Every Early Care and Education Professional Should Know
- CHD101: Promoting Speaking and Listening Skills
- CUR107: Understanding the Infant-Toddler Environment Rating Scale (ITERS-R)