CDA TRAINING ONLINE
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Self Study CDA Certificate
Upon satisfactorily completing the Self Study CDA Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Define the requirements to establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment for young children
- Identify the components to advance the physical, cognitive, communicative and creative development of young children
- Define positive guidance techniques to support appropriate social and emotional development of young children
- List the guidelines to establish productive relationships with families
- Identify the components required to ensure a well-run, purposeful early childhood program responsive to the needs of the participants
- Identify the requirements to maintain a commitment to professionalism
Students enrolled in the Self Study CDA Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Open-ended essay questions
- Student activity and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70 or better to complete the course
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70 or better to complete the certificate program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented in a language other than English must be translated to English by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Several courses within this program require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete this program.
Textbook Information: Textbook is required and must be purchased at the student’s expense.
All about Child Care and Early Education: A Comprehensive Resource for Child Care Professionals by Marilyn Segal, Betty Bardige, Mary Jean Woika, M. Kori Baridge and Lorraine Breffni; 2nd Edition; Allyn & Bacon Publishing; ISBN – 978-0-13265-545-3; Approximate Cost: $50
Prospective students of the Self Study CDA Certificate are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Settings: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Care
Program Code: 1302-CDA
Program Length: 125 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 12.5 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 365 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $775
Application Fee: $75
Total Program Cost: $850
Approximate Book Cost (shipping extra): $50
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!