THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Staff Leadership Certificate
The Staff Leadership Certificate focuses on strategies for maintaining positive, effective communication among staff members in a child care center. In addition to basic communication methods, participants will learn essential strategies for attracting, retaining, and motivating qualified staff.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Staff Leadership Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Identify the benefits of teamwork in the early childhood environment
- Define the communication loop and identify barriers to communication
- Define and identify key aspects of active listening
- Identify the key elements of an effective new employee orientation
- Differentiate between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
- Explain the ways in which the hiring process, evaluation, and communication are important for staff retention and motivation
- Identify and define important leadership characteristics and competencies
- Demonstrate ability to develop a detailed job description
- Demonstrate ability to write appropriate, effective interview questions
Students enrolled in the Staff Leadership Certificate program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Course(s) within this program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 4219-SPC
Program Length: 7 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 0.7 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $89
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!