THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal
The Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal program provides professional information for early childhood professionals seeking to further their skills and knowledge in the management of a child care center. The program is comprised of 30 hours of online coursework based on Texas Regulations, Minimum Standards and Licensing Requirements and is designed to provide the professional development required to renew the CCEI Texas Director’s Certificate. The Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal also meets the annual 30 hour training licensing requirement for directors of licensed child care centers and primary caregivers in licensed registered child care homes. Each student in the Online Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal program receives support from an Education Coach (EC). Each EC is an Early Childhood specialist and has previous experience working in a child care center or school.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate ways to employ the NAEYC Code of Ethical Code Conduct to validate professional standards for children, families, staff, and community
- Identify essential aspects of the Texas Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers regarding administration and communication
- Identify strategies for creating an eco-friendly child care center with regard to food, water, energy, transportation, and waste reduction
- Identify methods for promoting oral language development through play, conversation, and appropriate modeling
- Identify appropriate communication strategies for working with parents
- List the behaviors children exhibit which indicate the possibility or probability of abuse in the family
- Identify SIDS Risk Reduction Recommendations
- Identify strategies and practices for preventing Shaken Baby Syndrome in the child care setting
- Identify the purpose and general contents of a nutrition policy
- Identify common diseases caused by bloodborne pathogens
- Define elements within the workplace that are tied to employee happiness that directly effect job performance
- List the benefits of teamwork in the early childhood environment
- Identify personal career goals
Students enrolled in the Texas Director’s Certificate Renewal program are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the certificate program
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from institutions accredited and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof. High school diplomas issued by private schools that are registered with the Florida Department of Education will also be accepted. Diplomas earned outside the U. S. or presented in a language other than English must be translated by a member of the American Translators Association, an approved credential evaluation agency approved by the Bureau of Educators Certification, or an accredited college/university.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Several courses within this program require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these courses.
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Settings: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, Family Child Care, and School-Age Care
Program Code: 5105-TX
Program Length: 30 hours
IACET CEU Value: 3 CEU’s
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 183 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $199
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Training is Right for You?
Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!