Child Care Certificate Programs
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Washington Child Care Basics Certificate
The CCEI Washington Child Care Basics Certificate program of study is designed to prepare early learning professionals caring for children to be knowledgeable of child development, resourceful in planning activities, skilled in guiding behavior, and able to maintain healthy environments. The program is based on the Washington State Core Competencies for Early Care and Education Professionals as the foundation. Interactive learning activities, video clips, discussion questions, and additional resources provide a variety of learning opportunities. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs and licensing requirements of both child care center staff and family home child care providers.
- Describes attributes of the diversity of families, strategies for collaboration and techniques for communicating with families about their children’s development.
- Recognizes basic milestones, brain development and developmental needs of infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children up to age eight.
- Provides examples of child development, identifying child development and professional behavior regarding confidentiality of referrals.
- Understands and describe nurturing and stimulating learning environments both indoor and outdoor. Plan developmentally appropriate learning opportunities for children in a variety of settings.
- Explains elements of positive relationships with families and community resources that support families. Recognizes families as the primary educators of their children.
- Understands and can explain the difference between compliance and non-compliance of health and safety regulations. Can summarize the role as a mandated reporter of child abuse and neglect. Can identify healthy physical environments including procedures for health, safety and sanitation.
- Can demonstrate healthy sensitization practices and can identify signs of basic childhood illnesses and injuries. Able to describe basic nutrition, exercise and sleep needs of children.
- Can identify techniques for building secure relationships, can demonstrate positive responses to children and recognizes the importance of self-management skills for children.
- Can describe the toll role of a staff member in carrying out a program’s mission statement, can relate program policies to specific Washington licensing rules and laws, can identify where and how records are kept.
- Can describe the professional code of ethics, summarize fundamentals of professional behavior, and can explain the need for ongoing professional development.
Students enrolled in the Washington Child Care Basics Certificate program of study are assessed using the following methods:
- Competency based multiple choice questions
- End of course quizzes in multiple choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- Student reflection
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete this certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, Family Child Care, and School-Age Care
Program Code: 5316-WA
Program Length: 30 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 3.0 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 120 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $99
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!