ChildCare Education Institute (CCEI) coursework is provided through CCEI’s trainer, Laura Anderson Hamilton, who is an approved Intermediate Trainer with the Washington Managed Education and Registry Information Tool (MERIT) system. Through this approval, CCEI training is accepted as STARS continuing education training by the Washington State Department of Early Learning to meet licensing requirements. In addition, CCEI is approved to automatically transmit course completions directly to the MERIT registry and does so weekly.
Please note that the following courses are not approved by MERIT to meet professional development and health and safety training requirements. No MERIT hours will be awarded.
- ADM100: The Eco-Friendly Child Care Center, Part 1: Green Lifestyle and Environmental Health
- HLTH100: Protecting infants: Reducing the risk of SIDS and Shaken Baby Syndrome
- HLTH105: Medication Administration in the Child care environment
- HLTH111: Safety Practices for Child Care Programs in the Face of COVID-19
- SOC105: Addressing Homelessness: The Role of the Early Childhood Educator
For additional information regarding the approval of CCEI’s coursework in Washington, contact the Department of Early Learning (DEL), MERIT Support, at 866.482.4325, option 8.
CCEI is an approved training partner by the Council for Professional Recognition (the Council) and coursework can be used to fulfill the training requirements needed to obtain the National CDA Credential in English and Spanish.